New Aviary Guide, September 7, 2011!


Aviary: Breed even more birds now!

Source: Official Farmville Blog!

Click HERE to go to the Breeding Aviary Quests!

You can now breed more birds with the Aviary in FarmVille! Harvesting the birds inside the Aviary counts towards Bird Mastery! And guess what? More birds in your Aviary means more chances of finding new Aviary Eggs! Build your Aviary and start growing these little birds today!

The Aviary is the fourth of seven total new breeding buildings to be released.

Farmers with an Animal Trough will receive a message to replace it with a new Aviary, Zoo, Pet Run or Wildlife Habitat. But do not fear, the Aviary, Zoo, Pet Run, Wildlife Habitat, and other forthcoming breeding pens will offer you even more opportunities to claim animals!

Aviary_image (MOTD)
Breeding your Aviary Birds:

You can breed a wide variety of Aviary birds, such as chickens, ducks, flamingos, turkeys, pheasants, partridges, swans, hens, egrets, roosters, mallards, and quails.

You don’t need pairs of birds to find an Egg; you just need one of any particular Bird in your Aviary to have a chance of finding its Egg upon harvesting the Aviary!

Placing the Aviary:

Aviary_image (placement)

You will need the following Building Materials to complete your Aviary:

  • 10x Clamp
  • 10x Hinge
  • 10x Screwdriver


Aviary_image (buidling materials)


There are three ways of obtaining Building Materials:

  • Free Gifts Tab – Send a Free Gift to friends to help them with their building
  • Click on green button “Ask for Part” – Send requests for parts to any friend once every four hours
  • Click on the green button “Complete Now” – Use Farm Cash to complete Building immediately

Aviary_image (congrats share)


This is what your Aviary will look like once it’s completed:

Aviary_image (done)


Upon completing your Aviary, you will receive one free White Goose:

Aviary_image (congratulations)

You can store up to 20 birds in each Aviary that you own. Like Orchards, you can have more than one Aviary on your farm and can choose which Aviary you would like to use to store a specific Aviary bird.

Clicking on the Aviary gives you the option to:

  • Look inside
  • Apply Instant Grow
  • Move
  • Sell

Aviary_image (look inside)


You can view all your current birds inside your Aviary, including Bird Mastery status and quantity, when selecting the “Look Inside” option. You can also use Animal Instant Grow which will be applied to all birds inside the Aviary:

Aviary_image (sunshine burst)


Birds that are qualified for the Aviary but are not placed inside the Aviary (whether you own these birds or not) appear translucent:

Aviary_image (translucent)


Some birds are only available from the Market, while others are available from your friends. (Some birds will not be available at this time, but stay tuned as they may make a comeback in the future!) When looking Inside the Aviary, the Eggs that are available from Friends will have a small sunshine indicator when rolling your cursor over the bird. So keep an eye on your Newsfeed for Aviary Eggs from your friends!


The Eggs that you can claim from your friends can include:

  • Eggs: Eggs (also known as “common” Eggs) are orange and include previous Coin birds, Lonely Birds, and Quest rewards.
  • Rare Eggs: Rare Eggs are purple and include previous Limited Edition items (but only ones worth less than 15 Farm Cash) and Common Mystery Game items.

Aviary_image (new egg)


Note: The information above applies only to Eggs you claim from your friends. Any Egg that you find in your own Aviary will grow up to be just like one of the birds that was in your Aviary at the time of harvest! (To qualify to create an Egg, a bird must be in the Aviary from before 10% harvest progress until the Aviary is harvested.)

Harvesting your birds inside the Aviary:

You will see a pink arrow above the Aviary once it’s ready for harvest and an orange illumination around when hovering over:

Aviary_image (harvest)


When you harvest your Aviary for coins and Bird Mastery, you have a chance to find an Egg! The more birds inside your Aviary, the better your chances of finding an Egg upon harvest. When you find an Egg, you’ll have the option to share an extra one with your friends!

Aviary_image (share)


Keep a lookout in your Newsfeed for Eggs that you can claim from your friends!

You don’t need pairs of birds to find an Egg from your own Aviary; you just need one of any particular birds in your Aviary to have a chance of finding its Egg upon harvesting the Aviary!

Eggs:

Eggs grow up into rare or common birds; the color of the Egg will tell you which is which: purple Eggs are rare, and orange Eggs are common.

When you find an Egg after harvest, you will be able to place the little Egg on your farm. There will be a green illumination hovering over open areas on your farm:


Aviary_image (placement mode)


Note: Each Egg hatches based on a timer that starts after placing the Egg on your farm. Rare Eggs take longer to hatch than common Eggs. You can see how much time is left on an Egg’s timer by hovering your cursor over the Egg.

After placing your new little Egg on the farm, you will have three options:

  • Complete Now – Use Farm Cash to complete bird immediately
  • Move
  • Sell


You will be notified once your Egg has grown up into an adult. Any Egg that you find in your own Aviary will grow up to be just like one of the birds that was in your Aviary at the time of harvest!

Don’t forget: To qualify to create an Egg, a bird must be in the Aviary from before 10% harvest progress until the Aviary is harvested.


Once your Egg has hatched, you can share bonus coins with your friends!

Aviary_image (share w:friends)


When trying to move a bird, the appropriate Aviary will illuminate in blue and then you can place inside:

Aviary_image (blue)


Featured Birds:

The last three birds placed inside your Aviary will be featured after exiting the “Look Inside” option:

Aviary_image (completed)

We hope you enjoy breeding a greater variety of birds and continuing to collect your Animal Mastery signs!

Happy breeding, Farmers!


Source: Official Farmville Blog!




40 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I HOPE THAT THEY PLAN ON GIVING US MORE LAND ON OUR FARM WITH ALL THESE BUILDING COMING OUT!!

Anonymous said...

I have neighbors that have their... still haven't gotten mine.

drgnfly447 said...

I GUESS THEY ARE TRYING TO FORCE US INTO PAYING ALMOST $200.00 FOR THE EXPANSION SO THAT WE WILL HAVE ROOM FOR ALL OF THESE NEW BUILDINGS.

Anonymous said...

I just got mine about an hour ago, still have seen no post of my friends getting it yet. But I still have no quest to go with it!

Anonymous said...

whats the wire and hay stack in my gift box for?

Anonymous said...

why the black rabbit and black elephant have to take so many days to harvest right now i am running out of time with my rabbits level 2

Anonymous said...

If you put them in there pen it dont take as long for them to harvest.

Anonymous said...

what happens if you don't have a trough?

Anonymous said...

good they've taken care of the chicken coop problem, I always did hate not getting my own eggs back when i harvested them.

Anonymous said...

How come I havent gotten my aviary on my farm yet? My friend got hers alredy???

Anonymous said...

my aviary wont accept any materials, ????

Anonymous said...

same here

Anonymous said...

I have mine now but can't add the materials to build it! Keeps telling me I have nothing more to add-regift the parts!

Anonymous said...

because we have different country. so we have also different time. check ur farm for progress and ur avairy by 12pm. noon time. it will appear on ur farm, u may start progress and make ur avairy. just ask for the materials needed. so when u can put materials and make your avairy. you will finished it fast..

Anonymous said...

why isd it not letting me build it keeps saying u out of things to add

Anonymous said...

it will NOT ALLOW me to build it.....says REGIFT ON all the parts I need....tells me I have used them, when I JUST PLACED IT!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Same as many above...can't accept materials to build. My FV will NOT let me ask for materials, etc. Can't finish queries...(at the peanuts). My gifts do NOT post on home feed for others to claim. Also, I can NOT gift back to wonderful friends/neighbors. I really do need help. So often says 'facebook' not responding and have to reboot. Is this possibly FB problem rather than Zanga???? .....Help!
Any response here would sure help! Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I have my aviary placed. Have some parts, but it's not letting me start building the damn thing. They should rename the game. Zoos, pet runs, animal sanctuaries are common on farms, the world over; not!

Anonymous said...

FB has issues. Settings that I've changed keep reverting back,some of neighbors show up some don't,click on things no response, it may be a combo of fb and zanga...sigh.

daleann45 said...

I harvested my aviary and got an orange egg.I shared in with my friends on the feed,but after clicking "publish",my own egg disappeared before I could place it.And there is no timer,so I assume it went to the Zynga Lost & Found.I paid to harvest again,hoping to get another egg...of course NOT!!This sucks!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Am passing on this one-have had it w/building & now I read we r going to have to replace the bldgs. we just completed? I refuse to use 'farm cash/aka real money' to buy land. what's the point of making $$ if u cant use it 4 what u need. sigh :(

Anonymous said...

Re-posting................Hello FarmVille friends, please keep this message circulating, copy and paste it to your wall and pass it on to your friends who play farmville. We need to expand our farms with coins Zynga. A lot of people cannot afford to buy farm cash. Please allow us to use our millions in coins to buy expansions, animals, homes etc... It isn't fair to those who cant afford to use credit to purchase FV cash
I agree 100%

Anonymous said...

i hope we do get a extention for free as im running out of room and fast plus its hard to get all the stuff u need some times as ur friends dont always send u stuff so u run out of time and its not even our fault its not fair x

Anonymous said...

I can't buy a bird house. It doesn't work when I put out one of the two I own. Where do I buy it.

Anonymous said...

We need a list published that shows what birds come from the rare eggs, please, if these things are like the other habitats, they trick you into spending Farmcash on market critters, and you don't get babies or eggs that produce more of what you bought, like the orchards & trees, you just get what Zynga wants you to have..Warning! don't waste Farmcash on critters that you wan to be duplicated, because it won't happen!

Anonymous said...

I got my pet zoo,pet run and avairy on both farms. now my pet run is missing, it says it has been placed. I can't get gifts for them nor can I send gifts. What is going on?

Anonymous said...

Glad to know it's not only me who can't request items to finish my aviary. It's a pain to have these unfinished aviarys/zoos! Hopefully the development team will iron out the kinks. I also agree that we should be able to increase our farm size with our coins. I haven't worked in over a year so I really need to keep my money to pay my bills!!

Anonymous said...

I too have not been able to ask for parts to finsh the quest. on top of that I have lost a wildlife and pet run when game goes out of sync. which happens all the time. Notified zynga when my winery disappeared. They game it back to me.

Anonymous said...

would be to expand...

Anonymous said...

would be good to expand....

Anonymous said...

i havent completed mine yet because all these buildings it took me two days to complete a pet run and a zoo so now i cba.

Anonymous said...

I hope that all of the animal buildings will be expanded to hold more than 20. Mine is full already. Many people have 5 times that amount currently on their farm. Why not start out with 100 and then have the ability to expand from there?

Anonymous said...

I agree with the comment of 'repost' I will not purchase farm cash just to be able to aquire some of the items that re available. Make the expansions and items available for coins.

Anonymous said...

the breeding thing is fine but i think the ones that have horses should be able to keep their foals since they did pay for them and have them grow up to be what they are people would probably be more up to buying more horse when you pay for something you should be able to keep them when you breed them the ones that can't afford or just refuse to pay shouldn't get our foals let us keep and raise our own foals as what they should be

Anonymous said...

Spent a small fortune already; MAKE BIRDS/CRITTERS available for coins! As we grow our new buildings, will they be transferrable to our new Cove farms?? With the craft silos, we were supposed to get twice the storage if a 2nd one was put on our English Farm. Not so!! Instead of releasing all these new buildings, fix the stuff that's inept and malfunctioning please.

Anonymous said...

i have been trying to place an egg on my farm, but everytime i placed the egg, an out of sync notice comes out. anybody else have the same problem? (this is for quest 5)

Anonymous said...

I love how people complain....for the most part the game is FREE

Anonymous said...

I am having a serious issue with Farmville. Everytime I try to access Farmville my system freezes. This only happens with Farmvilles.

karen said...

cant finish mine cant ask for gifts

Anonymous said...

I just want to be able to grow my foals up into the adult versions .. so tired of putting special foals and calves into my nursery only to get black horse or Holstein cow back .. I know the specials cost FV cash but jeeze even just getting 1 out of 4 would be a damn miracle. Instead I have tons of black horses and Holstein cows so I can't master the other horses I could get if the damn nursery barn worked